Creating a Request Submission Form
Steps to create a new DSAR form
- Navigate to the Data Subject Request Dropdown menu and choose "Request Submission Forms"
- Under "Request Submission Forms", click the green "+". Add the Form Name and Details.
In the Form Details/Form Settings
Form Name - The name of this particular form (This is for internal use and will not show up on the submission page of the form unless you indicate this preference in "Styling").
Description - A brief description of the form (This is for internal use and will not show up on the submission page of the form).
From Name - The name the DSAR emails will appear to be from when sent to the customer. The email address will remain the same, but the "from" name can be customized (ex. From John Doe at Osano).
DSAR forms are comprised of custom fields and locked fields (required by Osano based upon the interpretation of DSAR guidelines as they are laid out by GDPR, CCPA, etc). Locked fields are always marked as "Required".
Locked (Required) Fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Country of Residence
- Proof of Identity (Default but NOT required)***
- Requestor Type
- Request Type
- Request Description
All locked fields have the below settings. For the locked fields, all setting are changeable other than the "Field Name."
- Field Label (Changeable) - The label that appears above this field on the form to identify it.
- Placeholder (Changeable) - The placeholder value (if any) placed in the form field by default.
- Field Name (Unchangeable)
- Helper Text (Optional) - Help text that appears below the form field to assist users.
***Proof of Identity***
Proof of Identity is a default field but it is NOT a required field. If you would like to remove this field, click into the field name and select the "Exclude this Field" checkbox. Once saved, the proof of identity file upload will no longer be a required form field.
Custom Form Fields
To add custom fields to your forms, click the "Add New Form Field" button at the top of the "Form Fields" tab.
- Field Label - The label of the field seen by the user on your form.
- Field Name - The parameter name of the field. This is the identifier for where the data will be recorded.
- Required - Is this a required field to submit this form (Yes/No)?
- Type - What type of field is this?
- Text Field
- Multiline Text
- Field Options -> "Add Option"
- Label - What is shown to the end-user
- Value - What gets shown in the DSAR details screen
- Field Options -> "Add Option"
- Hidden Field
- File Upload
- Images and/or Documents
- Placeholder (If Applicable) - Placeholder text that appears in the field
- Default Value (If Applicable)
- Helper Text - Text that the user will see written below a particular form field to assist with filling our the associated field.
***You have the ability to reorder how fields appear in the form by dragging the fields into your desired order.***
Stylesheet URL - Use this option to embed a CSS stylesheet for your form. All elements in the form have prefixed CSS class names assigned so that they may be targeted easily with a minimum level of specificity.
Alternatively, you may customize the look and feel of your form by choosing the color of various form components using either the color selector or hexadecimal codes.
Components - Color Selector
- Form Field Text Color
- Button Background Color
- Form Field Background Color
- Error Color
- Form Field Border Color
- Required Asterix Color
- Button Text Color
This tab also allows you to view how your form will look to the end-user with the new fields, field layout, and styling. It is realtime and will preview all the changes made without the need to "save changes". In order to see the updates on your live form, you must "Save Changes".