Cross Domain Support
Cross-Domain Support [Enterprise Only Feature]
Cross-domain support is enabled by flipping the cross-domain switch in your configuration "Settings."
When enabled, you have the option to add multiple domains into your configuration settings, which enable initial consents to be shared across unrelated domains owned by the same entity.
Cross-domain support is recommended when the goal is for the initial consent experience to be shared across root domains: (ex. osano.com and cookiesandyou.com).
Osano naturally supports sub-domains, so cross-domain support is not necessary to share consent information across sub-domains: (ex. osano.com and docs.osano.com).
Enabling Cross Domain Support
- Log in as an Admin or a Consent Manager.
- Navigate to Consent Management.
- Create or Edit a Consent Manager configuration.
- In "Settings," flip the switch labeled "Cross-Domain Support" to on (to the right).
- Once Cross-Domain support is enabled, add your desired domain to the "Domains" field, "tab," and add all additional domains.
- Save and Publish.
You can now use this same osano.js across multiple root domains. The cookie and script information for all sites will be gathered under that configuration, and initial consents will be shared across each root domain.
Note: Cross-Domain consent is only copied for the user's initial consent. Further consent is isolated to the local domain. Initial consent is only saved on the browser for 30 days. After that, the initial consent will be considered void for future cross-domain sites visited.
Due to the nature of cross-domain support, some browser restrictions may apply (Ex. Safari's Default Settings).