Inviting New Users
Adding New Users
Depending upon your plan level, administrators can invite new users to the maximum number allowed for your plan.
When you invite a new user to Osano, they will receive an activation email with a link that they must click to activate their account. Upon activation, they must immediately change their password.
User - In Osano, a User is an individual user of the Osano application.
Roles - In Osano, Roles determine user access. They define what an individual user does and does not have access to within the Osano application.
Organizations - (Optional) In Osano, Organizations allow you to group users based on common unifiers (ex. Location, Department, Teams, etc.). Organizations can be used in conjunction with Roles to further control what users can access within the Osano application.
Adding a User:
- Navigate to your account preferences on the top right-hand side of the screen:
- Go to "Users" and click the (+) button to add new users.
- Fill out the required fields for this user: Email, First Name, Last Name, Role
- Fill out additional fields if desired: Org(s), Departments (soon to be deprecated)
- Click Save
Note: Customers currently using the department field should use the Organizations field instead. Osano will depreciate the department field in a future release.
All users must have at least one role assigned to them when created. Users can be assigned more than one role. Below is a summary of each "user role" within the Osano Platform and their access levels.
All user roles have access to Dashboard and account settings.
To see a detailed breakdown of user roles view the linked USER ROLE MATRIX.
- Admin - Full read/write access to all features and functionalities within the Osano platform
- Advisory Manager - Has read/write access to all "Advisory" features. All other product features are not accessible to the Advisory Manager.
- Consent Manager - Read/write access to “Management” -> “Consent Management”. This user can add and modify configurations but cannot DELETE configs (Only Admins can delete configurations).
- Consent Viewer - Read access to “Management” -> “Consent Management”.
- Data Request Manager - Read/write access to "Management" -> "Data Subject Requests" -> “Request Submissions”, “Request Submission Forms”. Ability to validate identities and change status on requests.
Note: Data Request Managers will require the Datasource Owner role to see and edit data elements and to assign data sources to DSAR requests.
- Data Source Owner - Read/write access to “Management” -> “Data Subject Requests” -> “Datasource Action Items”, “Data Elements”, and “Datasources.”
- Monitoring Manager - Read/write access to all "Monitoring" features