December 18th, 2019 Release
We regularly update the application to include customer-requested features and enhancements. Here's what's new for this update on December 18th, 2019:
- New 'Permissive' mode for Consent Manager configurations which allows for a customer to default to not blocking 3rd parties that are uncategorized scripts/cookies. This is primarily intended for use on websites where ad-exchanges may be used and knowledge of all 3rd parties is not possible, for edge cases where strict mode breaks functionality, or for testing and staging. Learn about permissive mode
- Cross-domain consent handling. Osano already includes cross sub-domain handling, now you can share consents across unrelated domains owned by the same entity.
- Consent Manager tattle enhancements to handle much higher volumes of end-user tattles.
- Consent Manager tattle triggers group all tattles and sends one request on a schedule to further improve browser performance.
- Consent Manager tattle storage in the browser to prevent the end-user from re-tattling.
- Consent Manager tattle throttling to reduce excessive notifications and to make the list of 3rd parties more manageable. Once you clear the queue of uncategorized scripts, Osano will resume tattling.
- 'Inactive' and 'Active' Consent Manager modes have been renamed 'Listener' and 'Strict' modes.
- Single initial on all product avatars.
- Fix for Consent Manager publish status disappearing intermittently.
- Notification update polling reliability fix.