CCPA Opt-Out Mode
CCPA Opt-Out mode is available to users on Business, Business +, and Enterprise plans.
Osano uses each visitor's IP address to geolocate that user and provide them with the cookie popup that is most compliant in their location. In the United States, Osano defaults to an Opt-In dialog like the one below:
This popup requires users to Opt INTO all cookie/script categories outside of "Essential" or "Strictly Necessary." This popup is a good faith popup as it gathers explicit consent before tracking users.
The CCPA Opt-Out switch counteracts this setting in the US and turns the above default into an Alert and Opt-Out popup like the one below:
This popup does not require explicit consent and auto-opts users into all cookie/script categories while also giving users the ability to change these settings at any time.
Both of these options are currently compliant under CCPA.
Enabling CCPA Opt-Out Mode
- To enable CCPA opt-out mode, log in to my.osano.com as an Administrator or a Consent Manager.
- Navigate to Consent Management.
- Click on the Configuration in which you want to enable CCPA Opt-Out.
- In the "settings," flip the CCPA Opt-Out switch to the right (on).
- Save changes and Publish your configuration.