Classify cookies and scripts in the Consent Manager Admin portal.
Auto-Classification of Scripts and Cookies
After inserting the osano.js into the head of your website, Osano will begin automatically discovering and reporting the full URL of the scripts attempting to load on your site. It will also discover and report on specific cookies placed on your site.
Osano keeps a curated list of script and cookie rules and their classifications for you to reference.
After your site has been scanned (within 2-24 hours), Osano will provide you with classification recommendations for commonly seen scripts/cookies. These recommendations can be seen in the "scripts" and "cookies" tabs on my.osano.com and can be applied or edited at will.
- When a script/cookie is listed in the "managed" section, this means that a classification has been either accepted or created for a specific rule.
- For full compliance, users should attempt to transition ALL scripts and cookies into the "Managed" section. Only scripts and cookies in the "Managed" section can be opted into or out of based on end-user consent preferences.
- When a script/cookie is listed in the discovered section, this means that the script/cookie has been found by Osano but classification has not yet been added or accepted for that entry.
- Here, Osano will provide suggested classifications for well-known scripts/cookies. You can choose to apply these classification suggestions OR modify them.
- If Osano does not have a suggested classification for a script/cookie, the classification section will read "Unknown"
- When a script/cookie is listed in the "ignored" section, this means that an Osano user has deleted this script/cookie rule. These rules can be restored by navigating to the "ignored" section.
Script classification recommendations include:
- Recommended script rule (see "Classification Rules")
- Recommended script classification (see "Classification Categories")
Cookie classification recommendations include:
- Recommended cookie rule (see "Classification Rules")
- Recommended cookie classification (see "Classification Categories")
- Recommended Expiry Info (if available)
- Recommended Vendor (if available)
- Recommended Description (if available)
NOTE: Script and cookie suggestions are merely RECOMMENDATIONS based on common classifications and use cases. They may not apply to your organization, so it is best to double-check each recommendation as it relates to your org's use of scripts and cookies before accepting its classification.
From the managed section, you can edit any aspect of the already created script and cookie classifications. To save changes made to an entry, be sure to click the "Save Classification" icon.
You can create ad hoc classification rules using the green (+) at the bottom right-hand corner. These rules will apply to any matching scripts/cookies discovered in the future.
You can also delete script and cookie classifications in this section by clicking the red trashcan icon. Once a script rule has been deleted from "managed", the script itself will return to the "discovered" section.
To ACCEPT or EDIT a suggested script/cookie classification listed in "discovered", simply change whatever information you desire, if any, and click the save icon to Create the Classification.
This rule will then be added to the "Managed" section along with any other identified scripts/cookies that may fall under this same rule.
Scripts/cookies in the discovered section that have no suggested classifications or rules associated with them will read "Unknown" in the classification dropdown. This means we did not have enough information on this script or cookie to make a recommendation on classification and it must be filled in manually.
You can classify scripts/cookies in the same way as cookies with suggested classifications.
You can use the ignore icon to hide scripts/cookies from your list. These scripts/cookies will be classified as "deleted" and will no longer appear unless they are removed from ignored. You can restore ignored scripts/cookies by navigating to "Ignore" and selecting the rightmost icon.