Steps to create a DSAR form
To create DSAR forms, navigate to the Data Subject Request Dropdown menu and choose "Request Submission Forms."
Under "Request Submission Forms," you will have the option to:
(1) Add a new form or
(2) Copy an existing form
(1) Creating a NEW DSAR form
- To create a NEW form from scratch, click the green "+."
- Add the Form Name and Details.
In the Form Details/Form Settings
Form Name: The name of this particular form (This is for internal use and will not show up on the submission page of the form unless you indicate this preference in "Styling").
Description: A brief description of the form (This is for internal use and will not show up on the submission page of the form).
From Name: The name the DSAR emails will appear to be from when sent to the customer. The email address will remain the same, but the "from" name can be customized (ex. From John Doe at Osano).
Due Date: How long does your internal team have to complete this request? This can be set anywhere from 1 to 90 days. This will update the timing of notifications for all requests submitted via that form.
Note: Changes to the due date only apply to requests going forward. Any requests submitted before the due date change will retain the old due date.
Customizing Form Fields
DSAR forms are comprised of custom fields and default fields (recommended by Osano based upon the interpretation of DSAR guidelines as they are laid out by GDPR, CCPA, etc.).
IMPORTANT: Osano does not translate the fields for DSAR forms. If you want your form to appear in a different language, all fields will need to be written in the desired language.
Note: Osano DSAR forms do not currently support Chinese or Arabic characters. Please contact support via the Help Channel if you require this support.
- First Name (optional)
- Last Name (optional)
- Email (required)
- Country of Residence (optional)
- Request Description (optional)
- Proof of Identity (optional)
- Requestor Type (optional)
- Request Type (optional)
All default fields have the below settings:
- Field Label (Changeable): The label that appears above this field on the form to identify it
- Placeholder (Changeable): The placeholder value (if any) is placed in the form field by default
- Field Name (Unchangeable)
- Helper Text (Optional): Help text that appears below the form field to assist users
If you would like to remove one or more of these fields, click on the field name and select the "Exclude this Field" checkbox. Once saved, those fields will no longer be required for form submission.
Custom Form Fields
To add custom fields to your forms, click the "Add New Form Field" button at the top of the "Form Fields" tab.
- Field Label: The label of the field seen by the user on your form
- Field Name: The parameter name of the field. This is the identifier for where the data will be recorded
- Required: Is this a required field to submit this form? (Yes/No)
- Type: What type of field is this?
- Text Field
- Multiline Text
- Field Options
- Multiselect Dropdown
- Field Options
- Hidden Field
- File Upload
- Images and/or Documents
- Placeholder (if applicable): Placeholder text that appears in the field
- Default Value (if applicable)
- Helper Text : Text that the user will see written below a particular form field to assist with filling out the associated field.
Tip: You can reorder how fields appear in the form by dragging the fields into your desired order.
For dropdown and multiselect dropdown fields, you can add the options that appear in the downtown menu. Select Add Option to add options to the dropdown.
- Label: What is shown to the end-user
- Value: What gets shown in the DSAR details screen
- Add Condition: Add a conditional field that only appears when that option is selected from the dropdown.
Stylesheet URL - Use this option to embed a CSS stylesheet for your form. All elements in the form have prefixed CSS class names assigned so that they may be targeted easily with a minimum level of specificity.
Alternatively, you may customize the look and feel of your form by choosing the color of various form components using either the color selector or hexadecimal codes (eg #000000)
Components - Color Selector
- Primary Color: The default button and highlight color for the form. The fields will inherit this color automatically when focused.
- Field Text Color: The default form field text and label color. When a form field has an error, this color will be replaced by the "Error Color"
- Error Color: The color of text and highlight borders on any form field that is invalid, or any error message displayed in the form.
- Form Background Color: This will default to white on forms opened in a new window. If you use an embeded form, the background color will be the same as the embeded page when this value is not set.
- Helper Text Color: This will be the color of help text below form fields, as well as the color of various instructional text blocks.
- Required Asterix Color: The color of the asterisk indicator on any required form field.
This tab also allows you to view how your form will look to the end-user with the new fields, field layout, and styling. It is real-time and will preview all the changes made without the need to "save changes." To see the updates on your live form, you must "Save Changes."
(2) Copying an Existing DSAR Form
- To create a DUPLICATE form based on an already existing form, go to that form and click the copy icon.
- Enter a new form name and click "Copy."
The copied form copy will have all the same settings, styling, and custom fields added to the original form. The only difference between the two forms will be the name and the source code for the form itself. Once copied, the form settings, styling, and fields can be edited as normal.