This article outlines how to change your current EU cookie popup into a "Managed Preferences" popup.
First Layer Categories or Manage Preferences Popup [Business, Business+, Enterprise Feature]
By default, Osano provides users in the EU and other selected regions with a cookie popup that contains sliders for all cookie categories. This allows users to make individual consent decisions on the first layer of the popup. This is called "First Layer Categories," and it is turned ON by default.
When enabled, users accessing from the EU (and other select regions) will see a popup with all cookie categories listed on the first layer. Users can navigate to the second layer at any time to make changes to their initial consent.
First Layer Categories DISABLED | Manage Preferences
When disabled, users accessing from the EU (and other select regions) will see a popup without categories listed (Marketing, Personalization, Analytics). This popup will contain an "Accept All" and a "Manage Preferences" button that takes users to their cookie settings - the second layer - to make desired adjustments.
Disabling First Layer Categories
- Log in as an Admin or a Consent Manager.
- Navigate to Consent Management.
- Create or Edit a Consent Manager configuration.
- In "Settings," flip the switch labeled "First Layer Categories" off (to the left).
- Once the First Layer Categories switch is disabled, the category toggles will be removed from applicable popups and replaced with a manage preferences option. You can see this change in the associated regions in the "Styling" tab.
- Save and Publish.
To see which regions are affected by this choice, see "Consent Dialog Regions " and refer to examples 2 and 5. (Note: while this popup applies to most EU locales, there are a select few that will not receive the manage preferences option. See Consent Dialog Regions for additional details.