This article will explain how to utilize the People Search feature of Data Discovery.
Data Discovery and People Search
People Search works with Data Discovery to allow you to search for user data via email. Simply enter the name of a Data Subject, and we will generate a report listing all Data Providers where that email can be found.
Using People Search
- Login to Osano as an Administrator.
- Navigate to "Data Discovery" and choose "People Search."
- Here you will see a list of all past user searches, as well as who requested them.
- Note: All user searches expire in 7 calendar days. At that point, they will no longer be accessible, and the data connected to that report is purged.
- Click on the green "+" in the bottom-right corner to create a new user search.
- Add the information of the user you wish to look up.
- Email, First Name, and Last Name are mandatory (if you do not have the name fields, you can enter "null" to search against only the email.
- Middle Name and Date of Birth are optional.
- Click "Search."
- Once submitted, your search will be queued for completion.
- Depending on how many searches exist in the queue, this process can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.
- At this time, the entered email will be searched against all connected Data Providers to discover where the corresponding data can be found.
- Once the scan has run, your search status will read "Complete," and you will be able to download the results of your report.
- The report will be downloaded in JSON format or CSV.
- Note: All people searches expire in 7 calendar days. At that point, they will no longer be accessible, and the data connected to that report is purged.