This article describes the vendor monitoring solution in Osano.
Osano's vendor monitoring solution allows you to keep track of the privacy practices for all relevant vendors so you can tell who's doing privacy well and who's falling short.
You're trusting vendors with your customers' data, so it's essential you protect yourself and decide whether they deserve that trust.
Following Vendors In Osano
- Log in to my.osano.com as an Admin or Monitoring Manager.
- Navigate to "Vendors."
- Click the green "+" in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Search for the vendor you want to follow by name or website domain.
- Note: If the vendor doesn't appear at first, try a different spelling. Ex. Instead of Mail Chimp, try Mailchimp to see if the product appears.
- If you are unable to find the vendor you are looking for, feel free to submit a support ticket requesting said vendor.
- Select the appropriate vendor.
- You will see a preview of that vendor’s data.
- If the vendor is correct, select “Follow.”
Once you have followed a vendor, you will be able to access the associated information.
- Privacy Score - Understand how the vendor’s privacy practices rank and how they have changed over time. For more information on scoring, read Vendor Scoring.
- Documents - Here, you have easy access and links to this vendor's privacy-related documentation.
- Domains - This tab lays out all relevant domains associated with this particular vendor and its products and brands.
- Litigation - Here, you will find a list of open lawsuits this vendor is involved in in the US court system. You can click on these records for additional details.
- Subprocessors - On this tab you will see a list of third-parties who have access to or process personal data from the vendor.
- Uploads - Here, you can upload your own documentation related to this vendor. Ex. Security questionnaires, terms of service, etc.