This article describes the vendor monitoring solution in Osano.
Osano's vendor monitoring solution allows you to keep track of the privacy practices for all relevant vendors so you can tell you who's doing privacy well and who's falling short.
You're trusting vendors with your customers' data, so it's essential you protect yourself and decide whether they deserve that trust.
Following Vendors In Osano
Within Osano, you can follow Products that you utilize to monitor the associated vendors.
- Log in to my.osano.com as an Admin or Monitoring Manager.
- Go to "Products."
- Click the green "+" in the bottom right-hand corner,
- Search for a product you want to follow.
- Note: If the product doesn't appear at first, try a different spelling. Ex. Instead of Mail Chimp, try Mailchimp to see if the product appears.
- If no associated product appears, feel free to submit a support ticket requesting said product or Vendor.
- Check the "follow" box on the right when the product appears.
- Once followed, you will see the product in your product list and the associated Vendor in your vendor list.
Once you have followed a vendor, you will be able to access the associated information.
- Details - Product Details, including a scoring breakdown. For more information on scoring, read Vendor & Product scoring.
- Scoring - Similar to a credit score, here you can see how a product's privacy score has changed over time.
- Documents - Here, you have easy access and links to this product's privacy-related documentation.
- Domains - This tab lays out all relevant domains associated with this particular product.
- Uploads - Here, you can upload your own documentation related to this product. Ex. Security questionnaires, terms of service, etc.
- Details - Here, you can see some basic vendor details.
- Products - Here, you will find a list of all products associated with this Vendor in our Database.
- Lawsuits - Here, you will find a list of open lawsuits this Vendor is involved in in the US court system. You can click on these records for additional details.
- Documents - Here, you have easy access and links to this Vendor's privacy-related documentation.
- Domains - This tab lays out all relevant domains associated with this particular Vendor and subsequent products.
- Uploads - Here, you can upload your own documentation related to this Vendor. Ex. Security questionnaires, terms of service, etc.